PHD POSITION in NEUROSCIENCE (M/F/DIVERSE)
We invite interested candidates to apply for the next possible date as a
PHD CANDIDATE – NEURAL PLASTICITY OF THE SENSE OF BODY OWNERSHIP AND AGENCY IN YOUNG AND OLDER ADULTS (m/f/diverse)
(part time / up to 3 yeras)
Position is funded within the DFG priority program ‘The Active Self’. Topic is the plasticity of the minimal self in healthy aging, i.e., how virtual and real-life changes in sensorimotor experiences shape perception of body ownership, agency, and location. Applied methods include EEG and VR/AR (in cooperation with our project partners at the Cognitive Systems Lab at University Bremen).
- Excellent university degree (Diploma, Master) in Psychology or Biology (or related disciplines) with a preferred focus on Behavioral Neuroscience
- Experiences with / knowledge of modern human brain research techniques
- Proficient German and English language skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Of advantage are programming skills and experiences with Matlab/EEGLAB
- Candidates should be able to work independently and in a team
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in national and international collaborations and to present at international conferences her/his findings to experts in the field. Jacobs University Bremen is a private, state-recognized, English-language campus university offering Bachelor, Master or PhD programs in three focus areas: Health, Mobility and Diversity. Our principles are first class research and teaching, international diversity and transdisciplinary cooperation. As an international university we attract highly talented and open-minded students from all over the world. Currently, approximately 1,400 students from 110 nations live and study on our residential campus.
Interested applicants should submit their application (motivation letter, CV, academic records, transcripts, and contact information of two potential referees) as a single PDF document directly to Prof. Dr. Ben Godde (firstname.lastname@example.org). The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Jacobs University is an equal opportunity employer.